This is my website. It’s mostly about outdoor life in central Japan but not always. Feel free to get in touch anytime you have a question.
Scroll down to Recent Posts or search for anything here.
Now – What’s happening right now. Well, usually right now.
Restless – My newsletter.
About – About me, Sean Breslin. 20+ years in Japan.
The Maps – Maps of routes walked, mountains hiked, and bike packing routes in Japan.
Japanese Photo Books – A list and brief description of the Japanese photo books I own.
Short videos of hikes and walks in Japan.
Gear – Some of the gear I use.
YAMAP – All the data for hikes can be found on my YAMAP account (in Japanese).
Royal Trading – Pakistani and South Asian Car Exporters in Japan
Refugees in Japan – A project on Japan’s asylum seekers.
Kumbh Mela – The world’s largest gathering of humanity for a single festival.
Bike Packing Japan Archive
- The Tower Up the Way – Bredon Hill
- Nakasendō – Walking Takenami to Mitake
- Minimalist Gear
- Hiking: Ryugadake
- Flight Paths to Home
- Tōkaidō – Walking West From Toyohashi
- Some Distant Memory – Siem Reap Fishermen
- Donate to the Ukrainian Embassy in Tokyo
- Adventure: Hiking for Kids in Once a Year Snow
- Gravel Cycling: Just Ride (then print)
- Adventure: Searching for Solitude in the Mountains
- Some Distant Memory – Phnom Penh Market – Family Back Home
- Shonai River Trail Run
- Toshiotoko and Rules for Taking Photos
- The Good and Not So Good of 2021
- Nakasendō – Walking Nakatsugawa to Takenami
- Film Nostalgia on the Kiso-ji
- What is This?
- Nakasendō/Kiso-ji – Walking Nagiso to Nakatsugawa
- Some Distant Memory – A Trip to Morocco
- Our Daughter’s Birthday / A Brief Post on Adoption in Japan
- Some Distant Memory – Kumbh Mela
- Some Distant Memory – Sports Day
- Nakasendō/Kiso-ji – Walking Suhara to Nagiso
- Some Distant Memory – Lake Biwa