For a gear list related to bike packing, which I don’t do that much of at the moment, see here.
For the latest list of gear I use for hiking and photography this is the place.
Current as of July 2021 and constantly being updated. None of these links are affiliate links.
- Salomon Speedcross 4 or X Ultra depending on the season.
- Salomon Hydropack bladders.
- Atlas Pack Athlete camera backpack which I use less and less because I am trying to minimize camera gear and carry less. So instead I often use a…
- Mammoth Duncan 24 because it is light and has superb ventilation for the lower back. That’s without doubt the main thing I look for nowadays in a backpack for hiking in Japan.
- Mont Bell gore-tex rain jacket
- A bear bell.
- Panasonic LUMIX S5 + Sigma 35mm f2 / Panasonic 24-105 f4 / Panasonic 50mm f1.8
Panasonic LUMIX G9 + Panasonic Leica 12-60 / Panasonic LUMIX 45-200 / Laowa 7.5 f2
- A small Rode mic.
- Leica M6 + 35mm Zeiss Biogon f2
- Peak Design clip
- Joby Gorilla Pod / Gitzo Carbon Traveller tripod
- Salomon trail running gear – trail shoes, hiking trousers, and quick drying shirts. I trust Salomon, they make good stuff.
- Mont Bell rain jacket – You can’t live and hike in Japan and not know about Mont Bell.